Need to upgrade my laptop processors.Need some information and suggestion about it.

weida8525

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
I got a Aspire ES1-523-10MT. The processors is AMD Qaurd core A4-7210.What kind of processors will be suitable to upgrade to? Thank you for your time for reading this.

Solution
Before upgrading a CPU in a laptop you need to know if the CPU can even be removed. Many laptop manufacturers solder a CPU to the motherboard making it virtually impossible to replace without advanced knowledge and equipment.

If it can be swapped out, you would need to find a processor of the same socket. The A4 7210 is a Puma+ processor using the BGA (FP4) socket. You may be able to swap it out with an A6 7310 provided your CPU is removable.

Keep in mind that laptops are tuned to work as they are built and adding beefier specs will increase power consumption and reduce your battery life. You may also experience increased temperatures. Tread carefully!

Jwpanz

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Before upgrading a CPU in a laptop you need to know if the CPU can even be removed. Many laptop manufacturers solder a CPU to the motherboard making it virtually impossible to replace without advanced knowledge and equipment.

If it can be swapped out, you would need to find a processor of the same socket. The A4 7210 is a Puma+ processor using the BGA (FP4) socket. You may be able to swap it out with an A6 7310 provided your CPU is removable.

Keep in mind that laptops are tuned to work as they are built and adding beefier specs will increase power consumption and reduce your battery life. You may also experience increased temperatures. Tread carefully!

Solution

weida8525

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
Thank you so much for your suggestion and knowledge. Are there any other suitable processors which got at least 2.4 ghz suggest? I am so new about the CPU things. Sorry for so many question.