Need Toshiba XP Laptop Recovery Mode Work Around

rwhite1

Estimable
Oct 27, 2017
I need to reset my Toshiba A105 laptop with WINXP Media Center 2002 to the original factory conditions from the recovery partition. I need a workaround or hack because so far I have not been able to find any way to do it given the condition of his laptop:

1. The original Recovery Disk isn't available.
2. The boot menu does not have a system recovery option any more (likely because the OS's have been updated thru WIN7 and WIN10-1607).
3. The "keep '0' pressed while turning on the laptop' does not work (likely because it is too old or the boot instructions have been replaced by the upgrades).

Both the SYSTEM and HDDRECOVERY partitions appear to still be intact and the HDD passes CHKDSK. So I guess that leaves me looking for a stand-alone copy of a Toshiba Recovery Utility, another freeware utility, or hack to do it.

I would appreciate knowing if anyone has any ideas how to do this or can direct me to other sites that specialize in this type of problem.

Thanks

NOTE: These will only work if you can get into the system. They will not work if you can't even get into Windows.

In Windows versions prior to 10, you should be able to...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then click "Recovery."
2. Next click "Advanced Recovery Methods."
3. Now click "Return your computer to factory condition."

And in 10...

To do this go to "Start", then "Settings". Next choose "Update & security" and then "Recovery" Here click "Get started" and select the option you wish to use. From here just follow the on-screen instructions to restore Windows 10 back to how it was upon leaving the factory.