Need XP or Vista laptop for work

Turtle27

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2014
I finally got my security token for work in order to access my work desktop from home...however I need an XP or Vista operating system. Sorry for the mundane question, but I don't know much about computers..so here it is:
What is my best option here, I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a dedicated work laptop, but I want something that will work as reliably as possible and have a good wifi/ethernet connection.
Any recommendations would be great.
If finding a used laptop is my best/only option, what specs should I be looking for?
Thanks for the help.

Turtle27

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2014

Honestly, I have no idea. The info I recived stated the following:

"Hardware and software Requirements:
To begin your secure session you will need to have an ******* issued security token, a PC with Internet Explorer 6.0 or better and Windows XP, Vista or 2000. Other browsers or operating systems are not supported. Internet Explorer on your home PC must be configured to allow ActiveX controls or to “trust” the Remote Web Access Web site."

Turtle27

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2014
OK...talked to my IT dept and they told me windows 7 will work, which makes way more sense.
Any suggestions for a good, inexpensive laptop that would work well to remotely access my desk top? I won't be running anything too heavy on it, it is all web based data logging that I do on my desktop (sorry, again I know very little about computers, I am sure that is not a great explanation)

Turtle27

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2014

My personal laptop (which I just bought about a month ago) is windows 10, but my work desktop is 7, so I am familliar with both.