Needing Cpu Upgrade list

xenxarra

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015
I have a Toshiba Satellite P850- PSPKBA-03000u on a K000135200 Motherboard running an INTEL 3610QM, I7 2.3 ghz with 4gb virtual memory and 4gb physical memory.
My question is. How do I go about finding out the right CPU listing for my motherboard in the laptop or what is the largest and or generation the is available and I can upgrade safely to and can I put in a intel Core i7-4940MX.is there any 5 generation that i can upgrade to with this motherboard

Solution
You can search compatible CPUs by your chipset and/or socket, but the system BIOS may inhibit you. You will likely need to stay within the 3rd generation of the Core CPU family.

Look into Intel's Ark page for a listing of mobile CPUs, specifically for the third generation and FCPGA988 socket. Anything listed for another socket will not fit.
You can search compatible CPUs by your chipset and/or socket, but the system BIOS may inhibit you. You will likely need to stay within the 3rd generation of the Core CPU family.

Look into Intel's Ark page for a listing of mobile CPUs, specifically for the third generation and FCPGA988 socket. Anything listed for another socket will not fit.

Solution