needing recommendations for new computer shopping

clancykd

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
1. What is your budget? about$700

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I do not know. I need a 17" screen with the numeric key pad
3. What screen resolution do you want? I do not know. average

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable

5. How much battery life do you need? I do not know

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? no. I will use for Microsoft office excel and word and quickbooks, video conferencing on multiple sites I think

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) create excel spreadsheets and files for clients that include pdf files, word.doc, excel.xls etc

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? I do not know

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
best buy, they have a support system if I need any questions or if I think I have created a situation where I can not get my computer to work
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
5 years of more
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? I do not know. I also want to se my computer to hook up to my tv to watch tv from hulu, amazon prime, sling or Netflix etc

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I have used some HP products, Dell products and liked them. I have not used Asus but my boss bought a laptop by this brand.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. many for accounting record keeping and tax preparation software such as turbo tax, quickbooks, excel and word mainly

Solution
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6R43RB9815&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Notebooks-_-9SIA6R43RB9815&gclid=CNnMlYiLotACFYg7gQodPVcJrA&gclsrc=aw.ds

That looks like a pretty nice laptop. The Display is 2" smaller that you requested, but I don't think this should bother you much. It has about as good of processing as you will get for 700$ in a laptop. As you seem to be doing mostly office tasks i think this should be a nice fit. I know Best Buy should have this computer, probably local. Just pick yourself up an HDMI cable, and you will be set for your TV. The 1TB will be great for large amounts of documents. -PCth

PCtryhard

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6R43RB9815&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Notebooks-_-9SIA6R43RB9815&gclid=CNnMlYiLotACFYg7gQodPVcJrA&gclsrc=aw.ds

That looks like a pretty nice laptop. The Display is 2" smaller that you requested, but I don't think this should bother you much. It has about as good of processing as you will get for 700$ in a laptop. As you seem to be doing mostly office tasks i think this should be a nice fit. I know Best Buy should have this computer, probably local. Just pick yourself up an HDMI cable, and you will be set for your TV. The 1TB will be great for large amounts of documents. -PCth

Solution

clancykd

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
Thank you PCth[/quotemsg] for your help

PCtryhard

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
for your help[/quotemsg]

No Problem :D