netbook CPU HELS PLS!!!

BIGMACASSASSIN

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
Is it possible to unsouter the CPU on a Acer aspire one Pav70 and put a better one pls help!!!!

And will ssd and some more RAM help my gaming performance alot

tomr4lph

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014
If the CPU is soldered on to the motherboard then no. An SSD will help the games load faster, but thats it. Additional RAM will only help if you don't have much, and it's using a lot of it.

delaro

Distinguished
Is it possible? Yes but it takes special tools, patients and a little know how. I've been repairing CPU boards for CNC Machine for years, this is no different. I've done Laptops, Netbooks and Tablet upgrades, Repalacing Dead Haedphone Jacks, Dead USB charging ports and damaged SDcard Slot receptors I've even upgraded the CPU/GPU on a few. Boosting a $199 Tablet to a higher CPU and double the RAM for about 1/4 the cost works out nice provided you can gain access to the chips.

Wells Micro Soldiering Tip
http://www.amazon.com/Weller-WXMT-Micro-Desoldering-Tweezers-RTW2/dp/B005N71Q1W

Wells Micro Soldering Gun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHVK9GjDGNg

Be aware this isnt for everyone, you need Patients, Practice and Hands like a Surgeon. Be aware that when dealing with Motherboards with soldiered in CPU's you will need to find out what is supported in your Bios first and where you can get a Replacement Bios should the CPU you pick not be supported. There are also power and Heat issues that need to be address which means you need general schematics of the Board itself. Most Netbooks have at least 2-3 other cpus that can be supported without having to deal with any of what I have mentioned.

Netbooks are "Get What you pay for" Just like Apple Crapbooks. Upgrades are limited unless your willing to find someone to tear into the sucker which means not cheap. You also have to be able to find the Chips which are not generally open to the public.

AdmiralDonut

Estimable
Feb 21, 2014

You cannot change the CPU even if you could unsolder it. The motherboard, chipset and BIOS are all custom made specifically for one type of CPU. As to the SSD and RAM, both would help with load times, but CPU/GPU rendering which makes up 98% of a game will not be affected by upgrading either the SSD or RAM.

vrumor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
There is nothing about that netbook (lol) that says "Hey im a gaming beast". So use it for web browsing and actually spend some money for a PC if you want to game. There is a reason that $500 video cards exist, and a reason $200 laptops exist. And it isnt for the same reason.

delaro

Distinguished

Actually your not quite right there. Netbooks and low End laptops like HP G6's have a general generic type motherboard. Everything is there to support 2-3 different CPU/GPU combos the cost to you is the different CPU which they sell in Teirs. G6's for examble have 6 different motherboards, a few of those available here in the US support Intel and AMD and the boards themselves which have the supporting chipsets for both. The main difference is the Bios and placement of the CPU. It is not uncommon to open a G6 and find out that it had both CPU receptors installed which then is a Bios update and CPU replacement. I have actually done this and everything worked fine plus I have the physical schematics for 3 of the boards.

Is it possible? Yes.. Is it possible to someone that does not have the knowledge and access to the special tools needed and access to the Chip suppliers? No not without some research and practice because there isn't much these days you can't do without both.

AdmiralDonut

Estimable
Feb 21, 2014

Not one of the available CPU's that could be fitted to that motherboard (of which there are probably 2) would make even the slightest change to gaming performance as, at most, you would gain perhaps 0.1GHz in clock speeds. I should have worded my original answer more clearly, hopefully this will suffice.

AdmiralDonut

Estimable
Feb 21, 2014