Perfectjake

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Hey,

I've been given this old samsung netbook n145 plus to fix, and it will not boot.

It locks up on this:
o7ACkm1.jpg

Whether I boot from recovery sector, normal, start up repair. Even when loading from an USB. Also freezes on loading .sys files when attempting safe mode boot.
Since it locks up from the usb load I would assume that the HDD isn't the issue.

I've swapped out the RAM with another stick which is recognized in the BIOS, no success.

This makes me think that it is most likely the CPU that is the issue. But I would like other input before I make that conclusion. ( I have no direct way to test the CPU)

Solution
a lock up on the windows screen may not be the cpu but the onboard gpu of the netbook. see if there any recall on the laptop system board for bad video/lock ups. may get lucky and find there been a class action lawsuit or the vendor may have exteneded the warranty on the unit for high defect failure rate.
a lock up on the windows screen may not be the cpu but the onboard gpu of the netbook. see if there any recall on the laptop system board for bad video/lock ups. may get lucky and find there been a class action lawsuit or the vendor may have exteneded the warranty on the unit for high defect failure rate.

Solution
Hi,

The HDD is not out of the question yet. Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to remove the HDD off your laptop and try it onto a different PC or laptop then try installing Windows again.
- If it will still lock up when you're installing Windows that means the HDD is the problem not the CPU.
- If you'll be able to install Windows onto that HDD onto a different PC put it back in your laptop and see if it will load normally then install all the drivers.
- Next is to test your laptop if it will also freeze while your inside BIOS because if it does that means the problem is the CPU.
- If the CPU is the problem your only option would be to send it for a repair.