Solved! Netbook or Notebook

dennis2

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
What would you guys recommend? A netbook or a notebook. Most of the time I just use my desktop computer which I built. I just plan to watch videos that are streaming on the net like the ones from justin.tv, espn360 or nba league pass. A friend of mine told me to buy a notebook instead rather than a netbook. So what do you guys recommend?

Solution
Sounds to me like you could get away with a netbook.

I just got an Acer Aspire One 10.1 inch Onyx Black from Walmart with the AMD chip and the Ati 4225 graphics (384 meg) and have to say that I'm very impressed.

The one thing that made the biggest difference was moving to 2 Gig of memory which I ordered off of newegg. Once I did that, the machine run nearly as fast as my year and 1/2 old HP DV6885. For a netbook, the system really flies. It loads and compiles code fast in VS2010 and does HD video just fine(the monitor is only 1024x600) but it has a VGA and HDMI output and can play back full HD no problem.

I stopped carrying my HP as this netbook literally was able to replace my notebook. At just over 2 lbs and 350 dollars with...

rhelme

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
Sounds to me like you could get away with a netbook.

I just got an Acer Aspire One 10.1 inch Onyx Black from Walmart with the AMD chip and the Ati 4225 graphics (384 meg) and have to say that I'm very impressed.

The one thing that made the biggest difference was moving to 2 Gig of memory which I ordered off of newegg. Once I did that, the machine run nearly as fast as my year and 1/2 old HP DV6885. For a netbook, the system really flies. It loads and compiles code fast in VS2010 and does HD video just fine(the monitor is only 1024x600) but it has a VGA and HDMI output and can play back full HD no problem.

I stopped carrying my HP as this netbook literally was able to replace my notebook. At just over 2 lbs and 350 dollars with RAM upgrade, I couldn't beat it.

Solution