Netflix app problem on Samsung smart tv

LittleLeaLa

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
Ok, so here's my problem with the Netflix app on my Samsung Smart TV; I find my show/movie, hit ok to play and sometimes it starts to play for a couple minutes or sometimes it doesn't even start; instead a message stating trouble with the title please select another title blah blah. Now I've reinstalled the app, I deactivated the app, I shut down my router, I shut down my modem, I updated my Samsung tv, I did the fancy Netflix code of ups and downs, I changed the IP setting on the tv to manual and changed the DNS SERVER TO 8888 and other combos of numbers, that did not let me connect. I have no idea what these letters mean, I'm no techie with this. I'm just frustrated and would like to watch a show with my kids! Can anyone help this this issue please!

I am super techie and I NEVER manually configure no TV LAN setting. TV should work with DHCP (automatic address configuration) otherwise something else is wrong. Did this EVER worked? Anything unusual happened to break this? what sort of changes? Can you get to Netflix other than TV, laptop? notepad? smartphone?

LittleLeaLa

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016

LittleLeaLa

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
Netflix did work for me last month with no problems. It still works on my iPhone and iPad. The only thing I can think of is we upgraded out cable service but with the same company as before. We also switched our internet provider to be the same as the cable. The internet is now faster. But all this was still in September, and it was my free month of Netflix. Now I'm paying and it's crap, at least on the tv.