News Netflix confirms its ad-free Basic plan is being ‘retired’ — and subscribers could be forced to choose between ads or another price hike

DrPlanarian

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2016
Well, Netflix needs to find some way to pay the more than $5 billion -- FIVE B-B-B-BILLION DOLLARS -- it has agreed to pay the WWE for its ridiculous fake sport broadcast rights, I suppose.

It's just a darn shame that part of it will be coming out of my pocket.

Reactions: Darian Starfrog
Jan 25, 2024
what % of marketing & ad revenue is shared to Netflix?

It's the price model, not the features that come with each tier. Consumers will always go for the cheaper version if they can. As long as Netflix doesn't go the route of Hulu and Paramount with ads every ten minutes, many will endure one ad every 30 mins. They should have the ads at beginning and end of show, and "maybe" in the middle. Doing a series of "repetitive" ads every ten minutes takes away from the enjoyment and thought process & continuity of a show or event, rendering shows meaningless and NOT enjoyable--and numerous clicks and walkaways. Hour shows--especially news-- are really only 30 mins or less in total length. C ya Netflix, and Amazon Prime going that way as well. Gonna go read a book...get rid of my tv

Last edited:
Reactions: Darian Starfrog
Apr 14, 2023
This is crazy, why don't they just charge those who want WWE or F whatever, extra, and let us who never cared for it, stay paying a reasonable price!?

Last edited by a moderator: