Netflix Intro Sound Effect heard while watching YouTube on Samsung MU9000

Jul 3, 2018
While watching a YouTube video on my Samsung MU9000 today (using the YouTube App developed for Samsung), I heard the Netflix Intro Sound Effect play. It's not the first time this has happened. It's not a regularly recurring thing; it's happened only three or four times since I bought the Samsung TV in September of 2017. It just seems like something is wrong and I'm concerned that it may be symptomatic of a larger problem. I have a Netflix account and I use the Netflix App developed for Samsung to access that particular streaming service.

I also have a Roku box connected to the same TV and it too has apps installed for both Netflix and YouTube, however I do not use the Roku apps to access YouTube and Netflix . . . although I previously used those Roku apps to access Netflix and YouTube when I first got the Samsung TV, because I was very accustomed to using Roku and therefore more comfortable using the Roku apps than the Samsung apps --- I've had a Roku box for over five years now and I used it on my old TV as well (I offer this latter information to address the possibility that having two Netflix apps and two YouTube apps connected to the same TV might create some kind of echo effect which would cause the Netflix Intro Sound Effect to be somewhat of a ghost in the machine, so to speak, although, like I said, I no longer use the Roku apps to access Netflix and YouTube, plus I've rebooted the entire system, by unplugging the main power strip into which all components are plugged and restarting all components, i.e., modem, cable box, Wi-Fi router, Roku box, and the Samsung TV, and I have not used the Roku apps for Netflix and YouTube since I rebooted the entire system).

Comments appreciated.

Jul 3, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from raycapodanno : "Netflix Intro Sound Effect heard while YouTube video was paused on Samsung MU9000 TV"

While watching a YouTube video on my Samsung MU9000 today (using the YouTube App developed for Samsung), I paused the video for a minute or so and while the video was paused, I heard the Netflix Intro Sound Effect play. It's not the first time this has happened. It's not a regularly recurring thing; it's happened only three or four times since I bought the Samsung TV in September of 2017. It just seems like something is wrong and I'm concerned that it may be symptomatic of a larger problem. I have a Netflix account and I use the Netflix App developed for Samsung to access that particular streaming service.

I also have a Roku box connected to the same TV and it too has apps installed for both Netflix and YouTube, however I do not use the Roku apps to access YouTube and Netflix . . . although I previously used those Roku apps to access Netflix and YouTube when I first got the Samsung TV, because I was very accustomed to using Roku and therefore more comfortable using the Roku apps than the Samsung apps --- I've had a Roku box for over five years now and I used it on my old TV as well (I offer this latter information to address the possibility that having two Netflix apps and two YouTube apps connected to the same TV might create some kind of echo effect which would cause the Netflix Intro Sound Effect to be somewhat of a ghost in the machine, so to speak, although, like I said, I no longer use the Roku apps to access Netflix and YouTube, plus I've rebooted the entire system, by unplugging the main power strip into which all components are plugged and restarting all components, i.e., modem, cable box, Wi-Fi router, Roku box, and the Samsung TV, and I have not used the Roku apps for Netflix and YouTube since I rebooted the entire system).

Comments appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 4
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
amandarae48 Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 7
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 5
S Streaming Video & TVs 1