Netflix Jacks Monthly Membership Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun o

Distinguished
If I used the service I would not mind, if in return it offered me something more as a long time customer.

A few weeks ago a next door neighbor ordered there broadband service, and got for the same price I pay a 50 Mbps
I have 30Mbps, and Virgin media say my speed will be upgraded to 50 Mbps in 2015.

To be honest that`s a bit of a snub, using there service for 10 years plus for broadband. There is not such thing as customer loyalty or valued. Gone fishing ! as I like to say.

xforce_dac

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I dont know how the headlines for articles are devised. I recognize that this is a price increase. I hardly think a one dollar a month rise in price is worthy of "jacks monthly membership fee".

Matthew Cacophony

Estimable
May 9, 2014
@xforce_dac It's a 12.5% increase. If anything else increased in price 12.5% people would lose their minds. That's a $20 a month increase on cable, an extra 50cents / gallon on gas.

fkr

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
i received an email saying that my price will not go up and I am locked in for 2 years at current pricing while new customers will be charged more

May 9, 2014
I don't mind paying more, If I'm getting more, they need to add more tv shows, more movies. If you watch TV when they air you already seen them all on Netflix, minus the foreign ones, which I then watch but then not all of them are my type, most foreign shows is some type of romantic drama or comedy you can only watch so many of those.
As for movies after about 6 months you pretty much seen it all on there, and I still don't know when new stuff comes, when it does, its like 5 movies per a month, only 1 of them interesting. others are depressing sometimes good independent movies.

so yea basically they need all three companies need to have more varieties.
I got Prime too, and that has the same problem, sometimes feel like sure they have many of the popular tv shows all season minus the newest some that Netflix doesn't, but they are much more limited on the content. Actually they do have more content but only if you pay for them separately, and that's a negative.

Hulu- same bunch of tv shows I watched already.

swanman823

Estimable
May 9, 2014
I don't subscribe to Netflix but since I just bought a smart TV I am considering it. This article and as someone above mentioned the headline is a joke. Look at what we pay for cell phones, cable, internet, even pay per view on cable. If $1.00 more per month is going to make someone not sign up, they shouldn't even be able to afford a TV. Do we stop buying gas when the oil companies raise the price, food goes up every day, I wish my utility rates only increased that much. All the while Obama tells us there is no inflation.

romdude

Estimable
May 9, 2014
A 12.5% increase in a $600 item like a smartphone is a jack in prices whereas $1 more per month increase in net flix won't really break the bank.
@xforce_dac It's a 12.5% increase. If anything else increased in price 12.5% people would lose their minds. That's a $20 a month increase on cable, an extra 50cents / gallon on gas.

Are you serious? A 12.5% increase in a $600 item like a smartphone is a jack in prices whereas $1 more per month increase in netflix won't really break the bank.

regguy

Estimable
May 9, 2014
http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/
Hundreds of shows, all for free. Why would anyone pay Netflix?

Auf Hebung

Estimable
May 10, 2014
Wait, it's jacking the price from approximately 27 cents per day all the way to to a crushing 30 cents per day?!?! OUTRAGEOUS!! Netflix is done! Do they really think I can afford another twelve bucks EVERY YEAR?!?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.