News Netflix just canceled this show with 83% Rotten Tomatoes score

Apr 27, 2022
Netflix. Cancelled.

After 12+ years, they haven't offered us much more than an increase in our bill. They keep taking shows away that are engaging and empowering. There's just no value in Netflix anymore and the subscribers are showing them that by leaving in droves. Especially with so many other streaming services with lower fees and similar, if not better, programming...

Bye, Netflix! I wish you well in all you do!

Honeycomb888

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2014
The curse of Netflix continues — another popular show has been prematurely axed.

Netflix just canceled this show with 83% Rotten Tomatoes score : Read more
Netflix does this repeatedly. It cancelled Russian Doll 3 yrs ago after one season. It was highly rated, received 3 Emmy wins, and was nominated for 48 different awards. (Raising Dion rec'd only 4 award nominations and 2 Emmy wins). Both series were highly rated by IMDB (7.8 Russian Doll, 7.1 Raising Dion), and by critics on Rotten Tomatoes, although audience score for Dion was only 52%, which isn't great. Russian Doll ended with a cliffhanger, then it was announced later the series was cancelled. It also abruptly cancelled The Santa Clarita Diet with Drew Barrymore; it was rated 89% by critics on RottenTomatoes and 94% by the audience. A resounding success, but cancelled anyway, without conclusion of the plot. I cancelled my subscription after the Russian Doll cancellation. Why get hooked on good series, with great award nominations and audience approval and viewing hours, only to cancel abruptly? I may re-subscribe to watch Russian Doll, which has been renewed with a second season.

Reactions: wolfendoc