Solved! Netflix playback through amplifier

Dec 9, 2018
Why is Netflix on my Panasonic Viera TV only playing sound through the TV speakers, and not through my Marantz amplifier conncted by optical cable from TV.
This is only a problem with Netflix.

Solution
I seem to have solved how to get Neflix playing from Netflix App on my Panasonic Viera TV to pass sound down the optical output cable to my Marantz Amplifier.
I turned on TV and Amplifier and selected a programme from Netflix and began playing it. No sound through amplifier. So then, whilst the programme was still playing, I sected "menu" on the TV, then sound", then "spdif selection" (SonyPhilips Digital Interface, an audio ooutput interconnect). This was set to "PCM" (Pulse Code Modulation). So I instead selected "auto" (Dolby Digital output) - but then re-selected "PCM". Hey Presto, the signal immediately came through the optical cable and the sound through the amplifier. Seems the correct setting for SPDIF is PCM, but this needs to...
Dec 9, 2018
Yes. It works perfectly with the YouTube app on the TV. Also works perfectly with SD card in TV, and with Humax Freesat box connected to TV by HDMI. So, the optical output to the Marantz amplifier works perfectly for everything except the Netflix app on the TV. Any further thoughts please?

Dec 9, 2018
I seem to have solved how to get Neflix playing from Netflix App on my Panasonic Viera TV to pass sound down the optical output cable to my Marantz Amplifier.
I turned on TV and Amplifier and selected a programme from Netflix and began playing it. No sound through amplifier. So then, whilst the programme was still playing, I sected "menu" on the TV, then sound", then "spdif selection" (SonyPhilips Digital Interface, an audio ooutput interconnect). This was set to "PCM" (Pulse Code Modulation). So I instead selected "auto" (Dolby Digital output) - but then re-selected "PCM". Hey Presto, the signal immediately came through the optical cable and the sound through the amplifier. Seems the correct setting for SPDIF is PCM, but this needs to be selected whilst the Netflix programme is actually playing.
Works for me anyway!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS