Netflix Samsung problem

Billyray024

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
Hi can anyone help me. I bought last week a samsung h6000 smart tv. Internet is fine except when watching netflix after about 40 mins tv loses connection and i have to turn it off and reload the film. Happened twice i one film today! Thanks

Solution
Not sure if this will help since your problem is with smarttv and mine was with my Samsung bluray app but I called Netflix and they said that Samsung actually said it's their software update that had the error so they have to connect and reload via Internet. Hoping when they open tomorrow this actually fixes it! It's been frustrating.

Billyray024

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015

Hi, I only bought it 8 days ago so I would assume its the latest. Ive been looking for help on this on line and people seem to be saying even updating the tv doesn't seem to solve this. I have asked Samsung for on line help so we will see what they have to say.

yoji

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

Don't "assume",,, check!!!
Your TV was actually made a while ago.. and since it been sent from factory and stored and sold.. quite possible an update released..
I bought one black Friday sales.. and it was out of date when I set it up day 1. (and Netflix did not work at all till I did the update)..
Im not saying it is the issue.. if your is working you would expect it to work for more than 40 mins.. but seriously.. just update it.. to be sure..
Cheers

Billyray024

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015

yoji

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
OK..And you SURE its not your internet? you use wire? or WiFi?
if you watch a Youtube video for more that 40 mins.. that DC as well?
If you have a PC.. and watch Netflix on that.. it also DC at 40 mins?
So basically - have you done some basic troubleshooting.. to try and confirm is
- your Internet?
- Netflix app ?
- The TV?
Cheers

Billyray024

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015

Billyray024

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
Hi, we have lift off! yep I was able to use any other sites through the tv like BBC1player with no interruptions and I could watch Netflix properly through my other smart tv and on my blu ray. So I contacted neflix and she walked me through some steps I reset my modem and hey presto I watched a film all the way through so fingers crossed we're good to go now. Thanks for your help everyone, the Netflix lady who was really helpful btw said it was a connectivity problem but it should be sorted for good. Just glad it wasn't an issue with my new tv. Ohh and Samsung still haven't bothered replying to my email! Nice.

Billyray024

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015

Billyray024

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
Guess what, still doing it! Netflix said they couldn't help further, they said get ur ISP to refresh signal, done that and changed the broadband channel whatever that means. Samsung is up to date. I give up!

swolfak

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015
Not sure if this will help since your problem is with smarttv and mine was with my Samsung bluray app but I called Netflix and they said that Samsung actually said it's their software update that had the error so they have to connect and reload via Internet. Hoping when they open tomorrow this actually fixes it! It's been frustrating.

Solution

Billyray024

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
Hi, thNks for that, i was losing the will, my tv said it had the most current update but when samsung finally got back to me they said i had to do another update by usb, version 2130 i think. I did that and so far so good. Hope yours gets sorted too!

mhutchz

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015
I chatted with Andrew at Netflix and he told me to switch off the power to my 4K Samsung 2014 TV (at the wall, not just the TV switch). I did it and waited for all of the lights to go out (including the little red light at the bottom). That took about 2 minutes. Then I counted to 20 and switched on the power. And then Netflix worked again!! I guess it cleared out the buffers etc and enabled a clean start. Thanks Andrew!