Review Netgear AX1800 Mesh Extender (EAX20) review

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathsentry

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
I currently have a netgear nighthawk r8000p wireless router, and need to extend the signal to the lower floor (now that i'm using an internet tv). If I do use an AX1800 extender, will that cut my throughput in half when transmitting the signal from the main router to the extender and then onto the TV?

Dec 22, 2020
I have been using an EAX20 Extender in a configuration with a NetGear Nighthawk EAX50 router. In general, I have been happy with the unit, and it was relatively easy to setup. My main goals were to both extend the 2.4 GHz coverage a bit deeper into the house, and also push more devices on my main floor to the 5 GHz band. I am using a configuration with "One WiFi Name", which means the extender has the same WiFi name as the EAX50 router. The only thing that was very confusing about this router, and the configuration, was the combinations of channels. I only connect the range extender with the 5 Ghz band which is on channel 149 to the EAX 50, it's 5 GHz WiFi band. However, you cannot have a DIFFERENT channel between the backhaul to the router, and the 5 GHz channel used by the extender. If I backhaul with 5 GHz, I can have a different 2.4 GHz channel than the EAX50.

Jan 5, 2021
Will this work with my wifi router (Nighthawk AC5400 RAX50) in the basement and the extender on the second floor or a two story house? I'd like to take advantage of the ethernet ports on my desktop PC in my office upstairs.

How does this compare to the more expensive EAX80?

Sep 7, 2021
I have the Netgear AX6000 WiFi Cable Modem Router (CAX80) in a 3 level home. Modem/Router is on the middle level and I need to buy an extender. Looking at the Netgear AX1800 Mesh Extender (EAX20), would I be able to connect 2 of the EAX20 to the CAX80 and use the same network?

Status
Not open for further replies.