New 12 cell battery only charges to 37%

Sep 8, 2018
I just purchased a new 12 cell battery for my Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop running Windows 10. It shows charging and at 100% when plugged in but when I unplug it drops immediately to 37%. Is this a bad battery or is there a setting in Windows or elsewhere to make it recognize the larger capacity battery? Thanks for your help.

Pentium4User

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016

Hello It's got a bad cell in the battery pack, you will to return it and get another one. And to be honest it pretty hard even for me to find someone who sells good battery for older laptops but it pretty common that say it's "new" but either arrived doa happened to me 2 times already or really get lucky, I recommend you ask the seller next time to test it before they shipped it.

Pentium4User

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016

Hello It's got a bad cell in the battery pack, you will to return it and get another one. And to be honest it pretty hard even for me to find someone who sells good battery for older laptops but it pretty common that say it's "new" but either arrived doa happened to me 2 times already or really get lucky, I recommend you ask the seller next time to test it before they shipped it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1Legend Laptop Tech Support 0
Epic Creeper Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 0
Michael@Jensen@WK Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 2
Michael@Jensen@WK Laptop Tech Support 0
Skhaloo Laptop Tech Support 1
feems Laptop Tech Support 0
Shootingstar007 Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0