News New Android security flaw lets hackers seize control of apps — uninstall these immediately

May 5, 2024
"How to stay safe from Android malware:" don't sideload - but, hey, this malware came from the Play Store, so we're just giving insipid "advice" that doesn't work to do what we promise, anyway!

I swear - do you guys really expect to be taken seriously when you contradict yourselves like this? Ridiculous.

May 6, 2024
This burns me up. Total click bait! Where are the apps to uninstall as part of title of this article? WHERE AND WHICH APPS? 🤬

May 6, 2024
I just want to know which highly misguided individual thought up the line about Google Play Protect scanning your device for malware. It literally can't, it's just a GUID scanner to match apps with their app store versions. Not on the app store? Oh no it's horrible malware.

App store apps go through no processes to vet them for malicious behavior, as seen by repeatedly infected apps getting Gplay's seal of approval. A side loaded app is less likely to be malicious as at least the user knows where it came from.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boogernish

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
"How to stay safe from Android malware:" don't sideload - but, hey, this malware came from the Play Store, so we're just giving insipid "advice" that doesn't work to do what we promise, anyway!

I swear - do you guys really expect to be taken seriously when you contradict yourselves like this? Ridiculous.
Thanks for your comment. We have adjusted the article to remove the advice about sideloading. It doesn't apply in this case.

May 6, 2024
Thanks for your comment. We have adjusted the article to remove the advice about sideloading. It doesn't apply in this case.
Is this why that's still there?
I know every Internet company wants to be "the first" to report; but, in doing so, they don't just make mistakes, without proof-reading, but, they no longer fact check, and ensure proper grammar is used, along with incorrect spellings, relying fully on spell-check.
Which reminds me of the old spell check joke:
Eye no this is spelled core wreck lee, four my com pewter tolled me sew.
Regardless, get so sick of companies bypassing all the rules of proper journalism.