Question New Apt with cable but old Sony Bravia won't connect

Aug 30, 2021
We moved into an apartment where cable TV is included. We have a Sony Bravia KDL-40S2000 TV (2005 or 6) that will not connect to their cable system. The provider is direct TV now, but I was told the only solution was to buy a new TV. Is there a converter box that we could purchase that will accept the signal? They have 2 local channels for the building that do come in. Supposedly, they have some converter box on the other end that allows this - making me think there must be something we could get that would convert the signal so this TV would work. Any suggestions?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q TVs 3
J TVs 1
R TVs 0
Ailiyaa TVs 0
J TVs 0
ROBERT BARBER TVs 0
J TVs 4
B TVs 0
K TVs 0
T TVs 0
G TVs 2
H TVs 3
Dissident76 TVs 2
B TVs 4
C TVs 1
Nonotech TVs 3
H TVs 2
W TVs 1
C TVs 1
G TVs 4
Similar threads
Question How to access local channels when the coax “jack” is broken on my tv? I don’t want to pay for cable. I just want to watch local channels occasional.
Question Handicap access for wall-mounted tv
Question programming remote rmt-vb100u for a sony bravia tv
Question Ways to reset Sony Bravia TV KDL-40L4000?
Question LG TV, Onkyo Amp -> HDMI(ARC) works great for cable. Native apps, not so much
Question Does motionflow XR double the frame rates on a sony bravia
Question Sony Bravia TV KDL-40R510C Can't get any sound when I plug the cable HDMI plug into the TV HDMI 2 port.
Question How to remove an optical cable stuck in tv
Question Smart TV limited by just one hdmi cable access
Question 2006 Sony Bravia KLV-40U100M lost picture, but still have on screen menus.
Solved! Controlling soundbar with TV remote
Question I'm trying to hook up an indoor antenna to the TV antenna port (75ohm external terminal), but the coaxial cable won't fit into the Antenna port.
Solved! Flat ribbon cables
Solved! Roku Model 32S327 No Volume When I I first tune to cable provider.
Question How do I hook up my Samsung smart TV to my sound bar to my cable box to my Sony blue ray player
Question Detached cable port
Question What cable and/or converter do I need to get from my Kogan TV SPDIF out to my Bose 3.5mm in
Question My lg 43uk6300pvb smart TV has no internal sound when connected with RCA cable to decoder
Question I have a JVC tv and it's set on cable and I don't have a remote how do I get it off cable and too tv
Question optical cable connector will not fit

ASK THE COMMUNITY