Question New Asus laptop - yellow screen issue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kentmonkey

Great
Dec 5, 2020
I've just purchased a new Asus Vivobook laptop with AMD Radeon graphics on board.

Upon starting, for a few seconds, anything up to 10, the screen has very vibrant whites.

Then anywhere from 1-10 seconds later, the screen develops a yellow tinge. If I right click on the desktop, and choose 'display' it immediately resets the whites back to bright white as soon as that menu loads, without any changes being made. They will then remain bright whites unless I change an option (such as resolution, etc.) whereupon they will go yellow again. Unless you right click and choose display properties.

It's similar to the night light, but not that (I have turned that off just to check, but after 21:00 it dims regardless of whether the screen is yellow tinge or bright white at that point).

I've tried setting up a new colour profile, and as soon as you restart it does the same thing.

It's driving me mad. If anyone has a solution, I will bestow a thousand virtual Jaffa cakes at your feet.

May 5, 2021
I can.

I was disappointed to be honest. They didn't accept that it was a common issue (despite finding lots of posts on various forums about this same issue with that model of laptop, which I sent some examples of) and their only response was to send it back for repair.

A repair isn't needed, it's something to do with the software that is causing the issue.

I managed to get round it by disabling their Asus software in Msconfig, but I have to do this each and every time there's a Win update (although it says it's still disabled, I have to enable and disable it again otherwise the yellow tint comes back) and it also then stops all the hotkeys working as intended. So volume, Home, etc all then require the FN key to be pressed to use them.

It's not a satisfactory resolution really, and I was disappointed in Asus' response, acceptance and knowledge of the issue.
Thanks for your prompt response. I got similar problem but I get my way around by turning night mode on/off............................ currently using zeph G15.......so disappointing... this laptop could be perfect if it doesn't have this problem..I made the same query to Asus. I will update you once I got response from them.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.