New ASUS problems

ArcticPrince

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
I just purchased a new ASUS G75VW. I had an SSD drive installed as the "boot" drive and a 750 GB 2nd drive for data. I have hasd this for about a week now. (my present to myself) I just noticied that the battery is showing plugged in and charging, but it has been at 9% for a few days. I removed the battey, restarted and then installed the battery, but nothing changed. Still showing plugged in and charging 9% available. I sent an email to ASUS support and was told to reset the BIOS and to check if the BIOS is up to date. I did reset the BIOS as per their instructions, but the link to the BIOS flash program opens a page where it asks for your OS and when you select that OS, nothing else happens. There is no "download" or "next" or "continue" button. Nothing happens, the page just sits there. Tried refreshing the page and reloading the page, but nothing happens. I then tried another route for updating drivers and found a page that let me select my region, input my zip code and then it asks that I select my product from a dropdown box. The dropdown opened, but the box s empty! Nothing to select! Of course it will not let me continue until I select something from the empty box!! Not very impressed with ASUS so far!! On top of everything else, I am leaving for Afghanistan in 10 days and will be gone for quite some time....I am very pressed for time and ASUS is taking 2-3 days just to answer an email!! Any suggestions?

http://support.asus.com.cn/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G75VW&hashedid=gkyI9iViQxXxueTd

Solution
I can get to the bios update page fine with firefox. it not blocked on my browser. had bios file 210...221 and 222. check your bios rev to the ones i posted. the two newer bios dont have anything that says battery fix. if you bought the unit local take it in and have them swap the battery. battery have a small chip in them that can go bad at any time. if it not the battery then it could be the ac brick not outputing the right voltage or the logic board of the laptop. the tech guy should have at lest sent you a replacement battery. as you have less then 10 days i would return the unit and get a new one.
I can get to the bios update page fine with firefox. it not blocked on my browser. had bios file 210...221 and 222. check your bios rev to the ones i posted. the two newer bios dont have anything that says battery fix. if you bought the unit local take it in and have them swap the battery. battery have a small chip in them that can go bad at any time. if it not the battery then it could be the ac brick not outputing the right voltage or the logic board of the laptop. the tech guy should have at lest sent you a replacement battery. as you have less then 10 days i would return the unit and get a new one.

Solution

ArcticPrince

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009

I bought the unit from the local CompUSA and took it back whe they opened this am. No issues, they opened a new box and swapped out the battery. Seems to have fixed the problem. Have no idea of why techsupport started all that with the BIOS, but no upgrade needed.

Thanks for the advice...