New build. PC hookup or Receiver hookup?

NoviceNob

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hey there everyone.

First, thank you very much for all of your comments, advise and lectures. ;)

I will be building a new PC (with assistance) late this month and have a few questions. I have read many threads and have learned a lot but it can be confusing also. :pt1cable:

I will be spending about $2,000 on a new PC, not including monitors or other peripherals. I will be using it for gaming; MW3/BF3 and for movies - Netflix and hulu only. I also have SiriusXM.

What I can't figure out is how can I put together a computer so that it is connected to two 27" monitors, a 46" plasma television and a 5.1 speaker system?

So:

1. How do I hook up all the stuff or can I?
2. OR should I actually hook up the TV and speakers (Energy Take Classic 5.1) to a receiver (Denon AVR-1912 or Pioneer VSX-1021-K)?

Thank you very much for your input.

:bounce:

Solution
i would say it all comes down to the type of speakers you picked.

if you purchased a model meant for a pc then you would have an easier time of connecting it up to the pc directly. typically these feature 3 colored 3.5mm plugs to connect to your soundcard.

if you purchased a model meant for a home theater you would have an easier time with using a receiver most likely.

as far as your monitors go..you can have multi monitor support with either choice.
i would say it all comes down to the type of speakers you picked.

if you purchased a model meant for a pc then you would have an easier time of connecting it up to the pc directly. typically these feature 3 colored 3.5mm plugs to connect to your soundcard.

if you purchased a model meant for a home theater you would have an easier time with using a receiver most likely.

as far as your monitors go..you can have multi monitor support with either choice.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS