New GPU Disabled my microphone?! HELP PLEASE!

PCBoob

Estimable
May 6, 2015
So my microphone was working up until the time I installed my gtx 750, my sound still works, just not the microphone. My speakers are set to my default device, I've tried updating all my drivers, I've gone into my uefi and enabled on board sound, I've done everything I can think of but no progress. I've tried my microphone on my laptop, and it still works so the mic is not the issue.

If any info on my pc is needed I'd be glad to provide it, I'd just like to be able to get this fixed because I play tons of CS:GO and communication is key! Haha, thank you for your time.

Solution
Try going to control panel>sound>manage audio devices. Go to the recording tab and look for your microphone. Select it and click properties. Select the General tab. At the bottom of the tab should be a drop down box with the words "device usage" next to it. Select the option where it says "Use this device (enable)". Let me know if this worked for you.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
Try going to control panel>sound>manage audio devices. Go to the recording tab and look for your microphone. Select it and click properties. Select the General tab. At the bottom of the tab should be a drop down box with the words "device usage" next to it. Select the option where it says "Use this device (enable)". Let me know if this worked for you.

Solution

PCBoob

Estimable
May 6, 2015
Thanks for posting Razer, Sadly it is enabled already, i tried disabling and re-enabling but it still has shown no progress. Not sure what else I can to do