New GTA: Ballad of Gay Tony Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Argg, why did MSFT have pay $50 million to R*. I want to play this on my PS3!!!

G

no im not getting bored just getting sick and tired with them favoring xbox over ps3. im hoping they release them both for psn. when are developers gonna realize that they can profit more by releasing products for both systems not just for xbox.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
AS usual 360 only and nothing for the PC and the PS3 except for boring patches to fix bugs they should have worked out to begin with. Time to hunt down some mods that add fun to the game either than some cheesy cars.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I wonder what it took for Microsoft to convince Rockstar to make the DLC's exclusive. I can understand why Microsoft wants to keep it from the PS3 and its sort of a smart business move on their part but I do wonder why they are keeping it from PC gamers as well since it is a Windows Live game and would further profit Microsoft.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
no one seriously wonders why its locked up right? If so, Ps3 is claimed to hard to work with and the pc is nothing but a "loss" in their eyes. Oh well...we will see better days. Not getting my money.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]njkid3[/nom]no im not getting bored just getting sick and tired with them favoring xbox over ps3. im hoping they release them both for psn. when are developers gonna realize that they can profit more by releasing products for both systems not just for xbox.[/citation]

There is absolutely no chance that Rockstar releases either expansion for the PS3. They have an exclusive agreement with Microsoft. I don't know how much Microsoft paid Rockstar to go Xbox exclusive but it had to be more than what Rockstar predicted they would have made in revenue from making both expansions multi-platform or else they wouldn't have done it.

And Playstation fans have no room to be complaining. GTA3 and all sequels were 6+ month timed exclusives for the Playstation 2.

G

I really got into the GTA games when San Andreas came out. That game raised the bar so much higher when you compare it to the previous GTA games. The amount of content in that game is absolutely insane. GTA4 added more "polish" and better graphics, but actually took a step back in some ways by doing things like removing planes and the ability to buy safe houses. I still think GTA4 is a great game, but I think SA is better overall. I was hooked on that game for probably 1 year after it came out, playing nothing else.

G

[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]There is absolutely no chance that Rockstar releases either expansion for the PS3. They have an exclusive agreement with Microsoft. I don't know how much Microsoft paid Rockstar to go Xbox exclusive but it had to be more than what Rockstar predicted they would have made in revenue from making both expansions multi-platform or else they wouldn't have done it. And Playstation fans have no room to be complaining. GTA3 and all sequels were 6+ month timed exclusives for the Playstation 2.[/citation]
well that is the key word TIMED the other systems got them eventually but with this deal they wont be releasing it for the other systems as they did with GTA3 and the other sequels. Well i guess its not surprising nowadays where it seems to be the norm for companies to develop for the less capable xbox 360 instead of the ps3.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
And of course... nothing for PC... because MS "supports PC" Gaming, blah!

GTA IV - is the ONLY GTA game I don't have. Nothing but complaints about playability and hard on the hardware when it shouldn't.... ie: Another BAD port for the PC.

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
I wansn't interested in GTA 4 (as i played most of them)

N was thinking that the game couldn't be that good...

But was a mistake, it's a great game : the cinematic and story line are good only problem is that the graphics are hard on comp.

only problem is that why is there a expansion about gayness..... gayness it's that special nowadays.

I wonder if they wanna get the gay money out there: way to go Rockstar

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]njkid3[/nom]no im not getting bored just getting sick and tired with them favoring xbox over ps3. im hoping they release them both for psn. when are developers gonna realize that they can profit more by releasing products for both systems not just for xbox.[/citation]
Don't forget how developping for PS3 is a lot more complicated than for XBOX. At least, that's what reports say...

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]njkid3[/nom]well that is the key word TIMED the other systems got them eventually but with this deal they wont be releasing it for the other systems as they did with GTA3 and the other sequels. Well i guess its not surprising nowadays where it seems to be the norm for companies to develop for the less capable xbox 360 instead of the ps3.[/citation]

GTA3 was released in October of 2001 for PS2 and November 2003 for the Xbox. 25 months later. Come back Christmas 2011 and I'll listen to your sob story.

Status
Not open for further replies.