New Guitar Amp Doubles as Low-Profile PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
not so sure it is good for the hardware to be sitting right underneath a powerful speaker though... magnetic stuff can do serious damage...

that's a personal experience.. killed an old pentium 2 by placing it right next to an 800 watt speaker.

nukemaster

Distinguished
Well, its different. I have seen some well designed speaker enclosures that do not vibrate much at all. This cane be done, but the user running around with a PC sounds like asking for trouble. Hope they used a laptop drive at the least.

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
WHAT? I love Orange amps, but a PC? Surely both shouldn't be run at the same time. There is bound to be signal noise recording onto this yoke.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Wow, my son would love this! My concern with this, however, would be that the non-trivial vibrations created by the amp couple cause problems with components, heatsinks, etc. becoming unseated. I wonder how thoroughly these puppies were tested.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom].....I'm surprised nobody has asked whether it can play Cr.....(User was flayed alive then forced to eat hot coals for this post)[/citation]

It's ok, we know what you are talking about!

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
It reads like onion article or 1st April joke, to be honest.
"As a computer, the OPC has a big advantage out of the box ... no other computer has louder integrated speakers."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS