New HDTV with older Receiver

rizrtse

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
I have a Pioneer VSX 816, Samsung MU9000 ultra HD TV and standard Cablevision cable box. I have no HDMI connections on receiver so went DVD to TV via HDMI, cable box to TV via HDMI, and both cable box/DVD to receiver via digital optical. All good except I can’t use receiver/Surround sound when doing Netflix on smart TV or streaming any service. Should I remove the two optical cables and just do one from TV to receiver?

rizrtse

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017

rizrtse

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
Why is hdmi at issue? I’m going to do an optical line between tv and receiver replacing the two optical inputs that are going directly from DVD and CableBox to receiver via Optical. I figured if hdmi is passing audio to tv from those components I can reroute to receiver and get surround sound. Are you saying the hdmi line to tv from components will be poor quality?

rizrtse

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Audio 2
J Audio 9
J Audio 2
A Audio 2
A Audio 1
M Audio 1
D Audio 1
L Audio 1
S Audio 2
B Audio 4
C Audio 4
N Audio 1
B Audio 1
G Audio 5
R Audio 3
J Audio 1
C Audio 1
L Audio 4
B Audio 1
L Audio 1
Similar threads
Question How can I use a VGA computer monitor on an older AV receiver that has composit rca out?
Question How do I connect an older Yamaha AV receiver with no optical or HDMI, only RCA, to my TV and able to play sounds.
Solved! How to connect older Kenwood model 104 AR AM FM receiver to new Samsung 7 series UHD TV
Solved! Receiving Bluetooth on an older amplifier
Need help with older surround receiver with new roku smart TV
Older Sony Dolby Digital DTS receiver new Hisense Roku TV
Connecting Chromecast Audio to an older receiver
Connecting older pioneer receiver to Vizio HDTV
hdmi to rca converter box to play tv audio through older receiver
how do I connect hd tv to older receiver?
I have a dilemma. I have an older Denon turntable. I bought a new receiver with the phono input. I already have a Genesis surr
HELP run smart TV to older receiver
How do i hookup my samsung 55 hdtv, direct tv box and my older Yamaha receiver that does not have HDMI cable but it does have
How to connect an older Onkyo receiver to a Nakamichi nk1 soundbar
Connecting older Sony DVD/receiver to new 65" LG tv
Connection a Flat Digital Antenna to an older Stereo receiver
Integrating Samsung Smart TV, turntable and (older) Teac receiver with Bose Acoustimass 15 II Home Theater System
Have a panasonic plasma monitor with one cdmi port, an older receiver/tuner and a simple converter box how can I connect a fir
I have a older Harman/Kardon AVR10 receiver and want to hook up my Minix box is this possible ?
My older, but superior, Pioneer receiver uses the dual red/white component cords for audio to the TV. My previous Samsung TV

ASK THE COMMUNITY