new headset in laptop

fajfara

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
So i recently bought a genius h5-g500V. I have a laptop which only has a combo 3.5mm jack(audio and mic in one). I bought an adapter that plugs. Mic works, but the left side of my headset is really quiet, it barely works. I tried pluging in just the audio part into the laptop, but it works on both sides fine. So i thought maybe it is the adapter. Ok i tired it in my phone which has the same combo 3.5 mm, but on my phone both side works, as well as my mic. So i tried updating my drivers for my audio card, reinstalling them, nothing helps, i cant get the left side of my headset to work with the adapter on my laptop. Do you guys have any ideas?

fajfara

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
so here is where i am right now:
by moving the adapter a little bit it cuts out, back in etc. but after a while i find the sweet spot, i get audio in bot ears, it also works in both ears just using the direct headphones jack. So i belive the cause is the cheap adapter that is losing connection. I might go and return it, but you guys know any good 2 female mic to male 3.5mm adapter that isn't rubbish?