Question New headset plays PC/Game/Video sound over microphone

Dec 29, 2019
Hello everyone,
I bought a new headset today, the SteelSeries Arctis 1 and it is giving me some trouble. It has 2 3.5mm jacks, green and pink. My PC has green and pink ports on the motherboard and also on the front of my PC. The problem is that my friends hear my music and game sounds with my voice over the mic in discord or skype or Steam voice chat.

I have googled a whole day and troubleshooted everything I could think of, I uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers. I see many suggestions about Realtek drivers for audio, which I don't seem to have. I'm only able to find network drivers from Realtek. The stereo mixer disabling fix also does not work for me because I doesn't appear to be here and I've never ever seen it. I'm starting to think its the headphones itself and not drivers.

My old headphones did not have a mic. So I bought a cheap microphone with only a pink 3.5 jack. If I use my old-mic with my new-headphones(only the green sound one plugged in) I don't have the problem. If I plug my new-headphones(only the pink mic one plugged in) and my old headphones(only green, no mic) I'm also not having the issue.

I do not know what to do, everything seems fine everywhere else, even if I plug the mic out of my headphone itself or mute it on the headphones it still plays my music over discord.
I tried finding drivers for the SteelSeries Arctis 1 but I can't seem to find any.

I use Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Is it the headset? I can still return it. I haven't changed anything in Windows like updates or whatever, it just won't work with this new headset.

Thanks for your help in advance!