New iPad: Wi-Fi and Heat Problems Detected, Tested

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
No problem; a software "upgrade" will downclock the CPU, decreasing the heat production.
As for the WiFi issue, that was already addressed by late Jobs; take that "advise" (you're holding it wrong) and reapply.
Yes, Angry Birds is such a system taxing device, one has to get this type of screen resolution to play it; after all, one has to get the bragging rights about being able to see each feather of these birds in action. /jk
They could have asked someone in the PC industry about how increasing processing power leads to increased thermal waste. I guess this is their DUH moment.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]sregeg[/nom]my co-worker's aunt makes $88/hour on the laptop. She has been without a job for 8 months but last month her check was $14831 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Here's the site to read more lazycash42.com[/citation]
go swallow a grenade

fancarolina

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
You don't prove WiFi speed with an internet speed test. If you want to prove anything about WiFi throughput then it should be a local network test. Using the Internet to prove your point adds an uncontrollable variable, you must prove it using local network you can control first.

boby1

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2002
People who play games on iPads and any other mobile devices suck big time in the first place. So why anyone would care about them? If you want to play games, just fcuking buy a normal desktop PC with a big monitor and enjoy!

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]boby1[/nom]People who play games on iPads and any other mobile devices suck big time in the first place. So why anyone would care about them? If you want to play games, just fcuking buy a normal desktop PC with a big monitor and enjoy![/citation]
And if you want to play for example on a train, or I'm going away for a few days and want to play a bit?

aimee16

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Sounds bad, but I think Apple will solve the problems soon.
I went to the Apple sale store tried the New iPad, I really like the the retina display and better camera, would upgrade my iPad1 to the new iPad soon! Hope my apps are compatible to the new iPad, and get more surprise with the new iPad and Apple TV!
BTW, for some cool iPad tips&Apps I found the iFunia iPad Column is very informative and useful.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
[citation][nom]bosquesgaoy[/nom]If you want to play games, just fcuking buy a normal desktop PC with a big monitor and enjoy![/citation]

Hmm, maybe you could explain to me exactly how to play games on my desktop when I am riding the subway. Or traveling for business....

fancarolina

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
[citation][nom]aimee16[/nom]Sounds bad, but I think Apple will solve the problems soon.I went to the Apple sale store tried the New iPad, I really like the the retina display and better camera, would upgrade my iPad1 to the new iPad soon! Hope my apps are compatible to the new iPad, and get more surprise with the new iPad and Apple TV! BTW, for some cool iPad tips&Apps I found the iFunia iPad Column is very informative and useful.[/citation]

All apps are compatible that's the point of iOS. I speak from experiance having upgraded from a 1st Gen to a new 3rd Gen iPad. The iPad is the fastest iOS device to date. You will only lose software compatibility once your device cannot run the current version of iOS. Eg. First Gen iPhone that is stuck with iOS 3.2 and cannot upgrade further.

nickfisher

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I was very happy when I first had the new iPad on my hands. I didn't notice this at first, but when I took the tablet to my backyard, and my iPhone was able to pick up my router signal without a hassle, and the iPad didn't found the network at all, this issue became a nightmare to me. So I ended up spending a lot of time reading, looking for a solution to this issue, and found a lot of blogs with articles mentioning the "Forget This Network" reset solution, and it didn't improve my wifi range at all. At the end, I found a couple of reviews of Pong Research's cases, which convinced me into giving it a try. This special case is built with an antenna in between layers of the back cover, which redirects and boosts the power of the signals and increases the range of the wifi antennae on the iPad. After getting one, I couldn't be happier with my new toy! This finally fixes my problem with the new iPad 3 poor wifi range .

Status
Not open for further replies.