New iPod Shuffle: Simple, or Simply Confusing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkvtor

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
[citation][nom]gkay09[/nom]Well then u cant use third party headphones right...tooobad[/citation]
Not only that, if those proprietary headphones break your screwed. Good luck paying $50 for them!

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Just as bigger isn't always better, smaller isn't always great either.

I don't want a cell phone the size of my index finger. I don't want a netbook with a tiny keyboard and in the same vein I don't want an MP3 player with one button and no screen. If this works for you, cool but count me out of this one.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
That is funny. Someone will get fired.

What's next? Reducing the keys on a keyboard. Press "A" 3 times if you want the letter "S"

Most people will eventually drill a hole in them and use them as keychains.

To Apple:

Feel free to use the keychain idea.

bounty

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
What I've always wanted, something bulky in the middle of my headphone cord to bounce around while working out.

silversquare

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Does the control scheme remind anyone else of morse code? This is not the right direction t move in. I can see it now: '...make one dot and three dashes to skip to the J's in your playlist...'

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Steve Jobs hasn't been feeling well lately and hasn't made it to office a few times.

Apple comes up with an absolutely moronic device shortly after.

Coincidence? Or is Jobs the sole executive working at apple with the slightest clue of what a functional device is and isn't?

And in their next model there will be no buttons, you will activate features by clapping a set number of times in a 2 second time span...

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Steve Jobs hasn't been feeling well lately and hasn't made it to office a few times.

Apple comes up with an absolutely moronic device shortly after.

Coincidence? Or is Jobs the sole executive working at apple with the slightest clue of what a functional device is and isn't?

And in their next model there will be no buttons, you will activate features by clapping a set number of times in a 2 second time span...

fuser

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
The previous gen shuffle was great for the gym. It weighs almost nothing and the controls are easy to use. This one adds weight to the cord and forces you to use iPod headphones. Both of these changes are inconvenient for those who use these at the gym.

08nwsula

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
[citation][nom]gkay09[/nom]Well then u cant use third party headphones right...tooobad[/citation]

most likely, and almost guaranteed, you will be able to get a cable extender that will house the controls and let you plug your headphones of choice into.

marokero

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
It's like the mini displayport on the Apple/ATI 4870... just rubbish to force people to buy unnecessary adapters/cables. I have a Mac Pro, but I'm not getting that 4870 - not for $350, what a rip off! I'll get a regular 4870 X2 or a GTX 285 and bootcamp Vista 64/Windows 7 instead. My second gen Shuffle is working just fine and I don't foresee upgrading anytime soon, least of all to this new morse code version.

Status
Not open for further replies.