New Kiosk to Bring Lego Sets to Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

killian101

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
Not new. They've been in all the Lego stores in the US. Well, teh ones ive walked into (All in Los Angeles area and Orlando)

IncinX

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
Genious. Getting people to play with some gimmick is the best way to promote your brand, sell something to them and get them to tell their friends.

jnjkele

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
I played with one of these at the Lego shop in Downtown Disney, Anaheim a couple of months ago - it's actually pretty cool. This is an extremely innovative use of technology in point of sale application - probably the most innovative thing I've seen used in retail in a loooong time. Very cool.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I do have to say that it works really cool actually. You hold up the lego box you are interested in and it created a virtual image of the finished item as if it were sitting on top of the box in your hand. It's been a while since I played with one but it seems like you could rotate it around and some other things as well.

As a marketing device its brilliant cause seeing it put together like that really gets your imagination turning

G

My kids had a box of corn pops that did that. Was pretty cool.

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Yeah.. it's only limited to a set number of boxes, but it's pretty cool technology. I can't wait until they get some of those big sets into the system.. like some of those Star Wars ships.

SOSTrooper

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
Yeah I've played with it also at the Downtown Disney Lego store in SoCal a few months ago. Not all the sets work with it at the time. It has a cool factor but then you'll realize the actual picture on the box provides better details and realism.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]lotri[/nom]Yeah.. it's only limited to a set number of boxes, but it's pretty cool technology. I can't wait until they get some of those big sets into the system.. like some of those Star Wars ships.[/citation]
Yes and see someone with a box bigger than themselves in front of one of these machines....

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
The Lego store in Frankfurt (as some1 mentioned above) has had this for about...6 months. that's half a year behind the times, Tom's...even Newspapers and monthly journals do better.

scarletvw

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I guess its not new or exciting for me? I figured everywhere had them, but I guess Lego Land at the Mall of America would probably have one of there first I guess.

It works really well, not all of the boxes work but enough for it to be pretty cool, on the shelfs they had notes stating which ones worked and which didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.