New laptop battery doesn't charge

Paul_1000

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
I just bought a new battery for my Toshiba P845-S4200 laptop, at first it was working. It says that it currently has 50% battery. But after a few minutes it suddenly blacked out. When I tried to open it again, it doesn't work anymore. It only works again when I plugged my charger. What I'm concern about is now it says 0% battery, plugged, charging. But the percentage doesn't increase at all. I' m not even sure if the laptop is defective or the battery.

Solution
After receiving your laptop battery, did you charge it fully before discharging it until your laptop shut off abruptly? You will need to perform this task a number of times in order to cycle the battery. Provided the battery was genuine and was purchased from a certified reseller.

On another note, try charging the battery while you're not using the laptop, i.e when it's shutdown. Surely the battery charging LED/indicator shows that it's charging the battery?

Lutfij

Splendid
After receiving your laptop battery, did you charge it fully before discharging it until your laptop shut off abruptly? You will need to perform this task a number of times in order to cycle the battery. Provided the battery was genuine and was purchased from a certified reseller.

On another note, try charging the battery while you're not using the laptop, i.e when it's shutdown. Surely the battery charging LED/indicator shows that it's charging the battery?

Solution