New laptop for 3D and other things

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Hello,

I'm a student that follows DAE (Digital arts and entertainment) and my laptop decided to well fall apart. I managed to fix it but every time I move it around it almost falls apart again. I found it to be time to get a new laptop but as almost every student my budget is small.

My current laptop is a Msi Gt 70-ond
Specs:
i7 3630qm
12Gb of ddr3
750 GB hdd and 512 GB ssd
Gtx 675m 2 GB

I originally got this laptop 2 years ago for 690€ and now I'm looking for an alternative

I managed to find 2 clevo laptops that have the right specs and arn't to pricy. I'm aware that these are costum build but they have the best quality and price among everything I found.

The Clevo N150RD has:
16 gb ddr4
gtx 960m 2 gb
i7 6700hq
no storage (Re purposing the old)
Price : 999€

The Clevo P650RE6
Has 16 gb ddr4
gtx 970 m 3 gb
i7 6700HQ
and re purposing the old storage
Price: 1300€

I would like to know which is worth t or if you have other suggestions. It is really important to me to have a laptop that is good enough to do some pretty hard core 3Ds max and unreal engine 4 work on. My current laptop can handle it put only if I enable the OC.

A humongous amount of thank you's to the people that would help me find a new laptop.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year from Jasper to you :D.

Nekrosys

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015
Well I think the obvious answer is to go with the P650RE6 because it has the GTX 970M, but if you wish to go for the cheaper of the laptops then go with the N150RD.

Nekrosys

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015
Well I think the obvious answer is to go with the P650RE6 because it has the GTX 970M, but if you wish to go for the cheaper of the laptops then go with the N150RD.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop General Discussion 3
N Laptop General Discussion 9
O Laptop General Discussion 2
H Laptop General Discussion 1
CellBreak Laptop General Discussion 7
C Laptop General Discussion 3
Q Laptop General Discussion 2
Hrlyrdr22 Laptop General Discussion 2
S Laptop General Discussion 8
D Laptop General Discussion 1
friendlyone20 Laptop General Discussion 1