New Laptop for Work. Max $900 (Canadian)

lxiooixl

Estimable
Aug 21, 2015
1. What is your budget?
$900 absolute max

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
No preference as long as I can connect two monitors to it

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
mix

5. How much battery life do you need?
not much, will be stationary most of the time

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Will be running 2 or 3 virtual machines on it in a (lab environment)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
The more the better. Depends if the laptop you suggest comes with SSD or not.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
-

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
No drive required

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Don't really care what brand

13. What country do you live in?
Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm basically looking for the most power I can get for $900. If I do a search for powerful laptops, I always only find gaming laptop recommendations. Though I believe that the money spent on an expensive GPU can be utilized better i.e. other hardware. Really the only requirement is that I can hook it up to two monitors.

Thanks,

lxiooixl

Estimable
Aug 21, 2015
@TechyInAZ
Thanks for the reply. That model actually looks amzing for that price. I could even turn a blind eye on the resolution. So before I place the order, that is about as good as it gets for a max budget of $900? Just seems odd that there is no "better" config of I'd put down $300 more than the linked model costs. It's on sale yes, I do realize that