New laptop, how to fully condition it

death_relic0

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
i know the thread topic sounds confusing, but those were the best words i could think of to explain what i needed help with :)..

ok so i just bought a new laptop AlhamdulilALlah, and now i want to get the best out of it.. its an hp dv6-6c02tx.

im gonna be getting a lot of games soon inshAllah, and ive heard u should keep drivers, specially graphics card driver updated for the best result.. i searched hp, and couldnt really find anywhere to check for driver update.. could anyone help me with that?

also, any tips on how to ensure best performance from a new laptop? there arent really many bloat ware software, so i dont think reinstalling windows is necessary....

also, should i download drivers from hp website or search radeon website? what about third party softwares that keep drivers up to date?

Pyree

Distinguished
You are right. Can't find anything. I wouldn't worry too much yet since that laptop is a new product. Contact HP and ask them for help (your laptop is still under warranty).

death_relic0

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
hmm ok this is rediculous, i cant seem to b able to find my model on hp website to download drivers :/..can any one help me with that? also, wont windows automatic update automatically update drivers?

Pyree

Distinguished
You are right. Can't find anything. I wouldn't worry too much yet since that laptop is a new product. Contact HP and ask them for help (your laptop is still under warranty).

death_relic0

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
hmm ok well my games are still installing/updating.. lets see how they run and then i will decided whether a driver update is necessary, also whats the difference between a driver and amd catalst? it seems my driver is up to date but people say u should install the amd catalyst from their website?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aryamaan08 Laptop Tech Support 4
O Laptop Tech Support 2
charliesfrt Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 8
J Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1