New laptop super slow

Apr 20, 2018
Hi. I just bought a Acer nitro 5 with i7 7th gen , 8 gb of RAM, Nvidia 4 gb graphics card and 256 SSD.
It runs like a camel with 500 pounds on its back. It's so painfully slow. I'm not sure what's wrong. It's brand new and has windows 10. My disk space is always maxed at 100%. For the time being I did a windows fresh start and hopefully it helps. Does anyone have any info why this is happening?

I tried playing 7 days to die on high and it was glitchy and took forever to load. Plus boot up takes at least 5 minutes

Apr 20, 2018
I will definitely be calling about it. I'm so glad I got the 3 year warranty. So at least it's free to fix. I'm away right now and won't be able to tell if the fresh start will work or not. When I get home tomorrow I'll see what's up with it. I'm really disappointed lol. I figured with those specs it should run super smooth. I know I can't have anything super demanding but it should run most games such as 7 days without a problem. My old garbage desktop is faster than this thing. And it only has a crappy integrated video card and crap PSU lol

May 19, 2018

I am also having the same problem, did the fresh reinstall fix it for you?