New laptop, works great, but when I close it and open it I get an odd problem

piedude

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
My laptop is great for gaming and generally fast, but it's the weird problem I mentioned in the title. When I close it and open it again, it won't work. The screen is almost like a broken graphics card, or a screen that's punctured. The screen is on, but it doesn't show anything good. If I move my mouse around there is a box that follows the grey and slightly colored squiggly lines down the screen. I thought it was broken, but when I restart it's gone and I can use my laptop.

Another notable thing: It doesn't do this when it falls asleep from staying open. Only when I close the top.

I have updated my graphics drivers, partially reformatted, then sis a full reformat. No Bueno. The last thing I can think of is a bios update.

Here's the model on the website. http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-7000-gaming/spd/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/fncwf514h

Thanks for reading and helping!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 0
Luieka224 Laptop Tech Support 0
Salads Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1
wojtek267 Laptop Tech Support 0
Faru Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 1
vronti Laptop Tech Support 0
LeoLuca Laptop Tech Support 6