New LCD for NEW Laptop

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Evening !

I just got nice laptop : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834234412

I love almost everything about it. i7 6700HQ (It's quad core CPU) nice M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD and GTX 980. One thing I hate is monitor. And because I love this unit so much I want to replace panel.

Here is what I know. Computer model is F550VX-NH76 but in reality it's X550VX In bios upgrading screen you can see real model or model of the motherboard and it's X550VX. Now actual X550VX comes from what I hear with amazing LCD panel. Not like this one and I want to get that panel or any panel that is IPS with nice colors , cause this thing is garbage can't even look at it.

According to AIDA64 currently installed panel is N156HGE-EAB it's 30pin right side socket LCD. But I don't have panel model for one I actually need. Can anyone if you have X550VX unit (it's Black (not gray) unit with nice red decals all around with red key that lights up. Or in general if for some reason you know ASUS 15'6 LED IPS compatible panel that have 30 pin connector on right bottom side. Please help me out here. It's very nice unit but because of this TN crap I can't look at it.

Thank you once again

Solution
quick look isn't promising. (they exist so perhaps I don't know where to look)

Just FYI, but both "TN" and "IPS" are LCD panels. If you see "LCD" without specifically seeing "IPS" then assume it is TN panel.

(LED just means the backlight. They are all LED now)
Any chance you can return or sell it without losing much money, because an IPS panel is going to cost a bit and you're killing your Warranty by taking the PC apart likely.

I will investigate, but I'd be surprised if a good IPS panel is available.

quick look isn't promising. (they exist so perhaps I don't know where to look)

Just FYI, but both "TN" and "IPS" are LCD panels. If you see "LCD" without specifically seeing "IPS" then assume it is TN panel.

(LED just means the backlight. They are all LED now)

Solution

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

Good point :D and yes in most cases sellers will try to promote IPS. Take a look at this. Someone upgraded Lenovo with same model LCD to new IPS LG LCD. They saying it's great IPS companible withmy LCD

LP156WF4 (SP)(D1)

And here is video: let me know what you think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BqVuCKew1E