New Leak of Windows 8; New Videos of Metro UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I'm not exactly sure what to feel at this point in development, I don't think I can make any kind of proper statement about what I think, until it's actually released and I can actually play with the finished version I'll just stay out of the commenting sector.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
How about proper support for full screen video playback on additional monitor, like it used to be in XP; hardware overlay, or something like that.. They should make it better, like playing video stretched (with correct aspect ratio) across multiple monitors, maybe. Hope media players supports this stuff.

saaiello

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
This has got to be a spoof I mean comon guys the username is dickhead in the first video and then the guy opens up a picture with a well you guys can see for yourself. Toms I get more disappointed in this site everyday. Posting old news with tons of grammatical errors is not the way it used to be on this site.

Sined

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
inb4 shitty mouse options, Is it really that hard for ms to allow us to chose the polling rate, and accel for ourselves?, why do we have to resort to 3rd party programs and fiddleing about in the registry, and drivers to be allowed to have no useless accel, and 500hz polling rate, without having to install shitty mousedrivers that ruins more than they fix?

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Background was already changed in this version. And you can get the creepy guy today with Windows7.

The CTL-ALT-DEL still needs to go. Like, WOW - I can see the screen, but nothing works unless I use two hands in order to use my computer?

Having the clock, date - and perhaps some notifications sounds all nice. But its not really exiting me at this moment. My monitor is usually off and the system asleep if I'm not using it for a while. But in an office environment in which people are using the PCs on and off all day - it should be more handy.

jplarson

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I think the build number if it remains 6.2.xxxx then that means the next Windows version is working off of the Vista (6.0) and Windows 7 (6.1) builds. The last major revision was Windows 2000 (5.0) and Windows XP (5.1).

Steveymoo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Marcus, there is quite clearly a picture of the head of an erect wang in the first video. You should probably warn your readers about this.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]The CTL-ALT-DEL still needs to go. Like, WOW - I can see the screen, but nothing works unless I use two hands in order to use my computer?[/citation]
You can't hit them with one hand? The 3 finger salute?

I guess it depends on the keyboard, but right-alt, right-ctrl, and the delete above the arrows are all really close to each other.

verbalizer

Distinguished
May 28, 2010

that's a minority opinion...

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Whats the point of leaking this stuff?It's useless till you get the final product in your hands...[/citation]
As far as I can see, it looks like the same thing MSoft did to the XBox 360 dashboard - took a perfectly working, stylish system, and shoved so much fluffy bullshit into it that it looks like it was made for a two-year-old.

Status
Not open for further replies.