Solved! New LG TV no program info

Aug 21, 2018
My new LG TV shows the channels but not showing any program info as to what is playing. I did try the info that was posted back in 2010/2011 and have all the settings correct and still will not show it. I have even let it re scan and found even more channels on my cable but again no program info and only the channels are showing.

Solution
Seems that LG TV can't read the info from the cable signal the same way as your other TVs. Never heard of Suddenlink, but they are not in my area at all, no idea what is needed to show the channel info if not using their own cable box. You can always check with them to see if you can use a programmable generic remote with their setup.
Aug 21, 2018

I am connected straight to the Suddenlink cable. I did have to use their little box with their sorry remote for my older TV that was like 20 years old. I saw no need to have to keep it in line for this new one and we have two smaller TV's upstairs and they work just great with just the remote they came with. They show the channel list where this new LG does show the list but it just shows no info on them so you would know what is playing.

Hope that answered your question so you can better advise me? I could put the box back as long as I don't have to use their remote?

Thanks

Seems that LG TV can't read the info from the cable signal the same way as your other TVs. Never heard of Suddenlink, but they are not in my area at all, no idea what is needed to show the channel info if not using their own cable box. You can always check with them to see if you can use a programmable generic remote with their setup.

Solution
Aug 21, 2018

We are lucky and Suddenlink does not require a cable box except for older TV's like some cable companies do I have found out. Our system has changed names a lot over the years. When I was using my old TV and their little box and remote then you could click on info and it would show the channels and what was playing on them.
This new LG when I click on the guide does show all the channels but over to the right all of them just say no info. The smaller TV's just show all the channels and that is all. This new LG with it showing to the right no info on them still makes me wonder if for some reason it is not receiving that info that was like on the old box and remote? It has all the space and the correct format for it to show but will it and if not why is it even showing in the first place? I might have to ask LG and see what they can tell me?
For now all I can do is cut the TV guide out of our newspaper or go on line and see what is playing and when. That is a bummer for sure.
I was wanting a Sony and Best Buy local did not have one and it would have cost me $500 and this LG seem to have all I wanted but this one feature? A good friend of mine has the Sony that is a few years old and his shows the channels and what is playing on them and he is just connected to an antenna and he sent me a screen shot of it showing on his. He told me just to order the Sony and when it come in take the LG back and I have until Jan to return it. I did save $150 buying the LG and Best Buy said it would be the 5th or 6th before I received the Sony and I didn't have a TV to watch in my living room because my old one crapped out on me but it had been a good one.

Thank you for trying to help and just maybe someone else may have an answer or tell me this LG will not show what I would like for it to show and I am back to a TV guide of some sort!!!!!

So the other TVs don't show the info either without their cable box then, from your post you made it sound like they did. Your friend with the Sony is using an antenna not a cable connection like you are, so what they see does not matter since you are comparing different things. You are also comparing using the cable box to not using the cable box, which is again two different things. Sounds like the extra info is carried in a way the TV can't decode or read without the cable box.

Aug 21, 2018
Well guys I did find out at least on this LG tv and need a box of some type sad to say. Went to their office and they said they could give me a new style remote that is better than the junk I had and at no charge for using my old little box or a new remote. She also showed me a larger type box but do have to pay for it :( It has a lot of nice features once I learn how to get to them so time will tell I guess if it will be worth the extra?
For some reason this new LG will not decode what is playing and according to my friend his 55" Sony does decode even what he is getting only using a antenna.
At least I am happy for the moment and this old 72 year old want to be happy for sure :D
I think I will call Sony and ask a few question and if I get the right answers then I may return this LG?
Thanks again for trying to help this old confused GOAT out :)