New Logitech speakers issue - Speaker levels not balanced at low volume. Is this normal or they should be taken back for RMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wort

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
Hey. Yesterday I bought Logitech Z333 speakers. Overall, I'm really satisified with the speakers, but I noticed one thing. When I listen to the music in the evening and turn the volume regulator almost to minimum, one of the speaker's volume is MUCH lower. It's annoying because the sound is coming from one speaker only and it really feels weird. When I turn the regulator back to "normal" volume, both start working again.

Is this normal or should I take them back for RMA?

Solution
It's not unusual for a stereo volume control to be off balance when used at the lowest end of volume. They align the the left and right sections of the control so they match through most of the volume range by misaligning them at the lowest part of the rotation. Sometimes there is no way to compensate for this but you can by turning the volume down on the PC so the minimum volume is at at higher spot on the volume control.
I don't know whether this is normal on those speakers so check with Logitech.

PuperHacker

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
Change channels to the speakers and test (Put the left speaker to the right channel and the opposite.)
If the speaker with the problem still has the problem and the other not, it is faulty.
You can also check equalizer.

Wort

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013

If I put the left channel to the right and opposite, the problem persists, but on the other speaker (physically on the other speaker, but on the same channel). So if the speaker A was low volume when plugged in L channel, now the speaker B has issue when plugged in L channel

It's not unusual for a stereo volume control to be off balance when used at the lowest end of volume. They align the the left and right sections of the control so they match through most of the volume range by misaligning them at the lowest part of the rotation. Sometimes there is no way to compensate for this but you can by turning the volume down on the PC so the minimum volume is at at higher spot on the volume control.
I don't know whether this is normal on those speakers so check with Logitech.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.