New OS install, cannot find wifi drivers.

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Hi, I recently replaced the hard drive on my samsung 'NP305V5A-A05DX' and re-installed the OS but I cannot find which drivers I need to get. Mainly for the wifi but also for the graphics included in the A8 APU it runs on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Solution
Go into Device Manager, go to network adapters, look up the maker of your wifi card. Go google their model, and see if you can use drivers directly from the vendor.

Warukyure

Estimable
Plug your laptop up with Ethernet, and try running Windows Update, then click on the tab that says optional updates and check all those as well. More often than not Windows Update will do pretty much all the driver searching and installation for you.

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

Just Tried your suggestion and windows says it is not connected to the internet....
The the rent cabled works and is securely attached but it still refuses to donwnload anything.

I managed to find the support page on samsungs website and got a few drivers, but only the VGA (graphics) one worked. I used a USB stick to download onto then tried to open it on my laptop.

Warukyure

Estimable
Ok, this will sound weird, but do you have a smart phone that isnt windows, and do you have more than 25 MB of data on your plan. Worse comes to worst, plug your phone into your laptop, go to settings, USB tether, enable it, again do search for updates on Windows update. But this time, check the list to see if it mentions anything about a) Chipset drivers, b) Realtek network adapter c) Whatever wireless adapter this thing might have, probably realtek. Get those 3. and ONLY those 3, after they install, unplug your phone. Otherwise data charges worth more than the laptop.

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
hi again, so after a bit of messing about with various drivers I found one that worked. I got it off the samsung website.
However, it only works with an Ethernet cable and still refuses to find any wifi networks. Other devices work on the network i am using so the problem is the laptop. I have tried using windows update and it says all updates are completed. I don't know what to do now... Troubleshooter has no idea what the problem is...