New Pacemaker Can Access Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Wow, that is pretty intense. I was born with a bad valve (pulmonary stenosis) as well but do not have a pacemaker installed, yet. I am 28 years old and fear one day I will be suffering the same fate, so my condolences. Anyway, the only thing that freaks me out is the idea of some new cyber-murdering spree. Image some freak getting a hold of the software that connects to patients pacemakers and turning the damn thing off or something. Jesus. Anyway, seems pretty sweet though!

G

It's all fun and games until it becomes mandatory for everyone...

Everybody here should do some research on what the US govt will do to you if you refuse the flu vaccine in the event of a pandemic. Of course, they could have another "accident" and ship more vaccine that contains live flu, which then kills you when you would've otherwise survived the pandemic. Also research the homeless people in Poland that died from the vaccine...

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]leafblower29[/nom]What if someone hacks it?[/citation]
What this guy said.

Also wont the wifi drain the battery even quicker requiring more surgery for those born with or develop problems early?

Not trying to knock the tech, I think its awesome! Just pointing out the things the author neglected to ask.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Yeah.. hacking is a bit of an issue here, especially with how easy Wi-Fi is to hack. Any Joe can hack Wi-Fi after a few minutes on Google, so think what seasoned hackers could do.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
[citation][nom]leafblower29[/nom]What if someone hacks it?[/citation]
it would give a whole new meaning to "heart attack". if i ever get a pacemaker, i would not want it to be wireless, a USB port maby, but not wireless.

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]pmt82[/nom]But can it play... nevermind.[/citation]
haha, always has to be mentioned at least once in every news article =P

Status
Not open for further replies.