New PS3 Ads Make Things Funny Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
good commercials. good console with good hardware. I'm just waiting for game developers to really start cranking out some good games for the PS3. What use are cool features of the PS3 if the games just aren't quite there. A console is first and foremost for games, correct? Until then, I will just play 360. That $299 price tag is very tempting though...anyone considering Blu-Ray might just be better off with a PS3.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
C'mon...... that guy is funny. The second commercial is better.

Apple and MS should take a page from Sony's ad campaign.

Well done Sony.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Beats that baby PS3 ad they ran a while back, that commercial gave me the creeps really not sure how that was supposed to sell the console.

This is definitely a turn for the better.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Agree 100% touchdowntexas. The new price of 299 is great but there just aren't any games for it. Like i said before in the first announcement the only games on the PS3 for me that I don't already own for the 360 are Ratchet and Clank and Drakes Fortune.

I am a HUGE rpg fan. I own pretty much every RPG that has come to the US since Nintendo's era. And right now the PS3 just doesn't have any RPG's worth picking up and I don't see any...anytime soon. FFXIII is on the 360 and i highly expect versus to come over as well. If it doesn't i may pick up a PS3. TBH I don't have a lot of hope for XIII as squares talent has left the company to for Mistwalker. As for Versus KH Team FTW. /Rant

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Like the first one better. Funny guy, he does a lot of commercials like that. Sort of the Will Ferrell "I have no idea what you are talking about" personality.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
cool comercials. hope the make it over in Canada

and if you think there are no games for the PS3 you are ovoisly biased and not looking for them or own both a PS3 and 360 which basically have the same games.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
yes they do have many of the same games. This may sound cliche but I am looking for the "Gears of War" and "Halo" versions of the PS3. I just think that they need to develop a few flagship titles that really take off. I loved ratchet and clank for the ps2, but that series is at the end of it's life or close to it imo.

Bring me a new kingdom hearts developed from the ground up for the ps3. give me a shooter that i think everyone is going to be playing Friday night. There is no reason for me to buy a PS3 to play NCAA 10 when my xbox can already do that. give me something innovative, new, and eye-catching. advertising is VERY important, and hopefully this commercial is taking a step in the right direction for sony.

I am not biased. It is sony's fault if their product or their product's games have not caught my eye yet. I have no loyalty to microsoft when it comes to consoles. xbox 360 and its games just seem more attractive to me at this point in time.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
The new ADs are very good. Love the projector on the moon ;)

The OLD PS3 ADS looked good and such... but they were not fun. They were creepy (never liked the baby) and made no sense. Gamers need something to grab them... like the original Dead or Alive ADs "She kicks High"

G

Definitely a lot better than their recent ad's for sure. Why can't Sony go back to commercials like the one where they had Crash Bandicoot outside the Nintendo Headquarters talking smack?

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
$299 isn't bad for the console but the library of games is still unimpressive in my opinion. Sure there are a few gems but I can't see buying the console for just a few of games.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I find it SO funny that the Sony PR guy had to lie and call all their rumor claims baloney while lying about how Sony still loosing money per PS3...

Not only is the rumor true, and Sony actually make a $30 profit per machine based on hardware alone (although we're not counting marketing/shipping/packaging).

Sony cracks me up.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Well in my opinion, even though it's modern battle vs. sci-fi battle, I think MGS4 beats Gears any day, I have them both, as I have a PS3 and Xbox360. I rarely if ever use my Xbox and use my PS3 all the time. Plus I like the lighter controller of the PS3, especially when playing marathon gaming sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.