New RAM slowing down gaming performance on laptop

tao2008qis

Estimable
Apr 26, 2014
Hi experts,

I recently bought some ram upgrade for my laptop and installed it myself, from a 6GB (1x4GB and 1x2GB, what the laptop came with, 1333MHz) to 16GB (Crucial 2x8GB 1600MHz) so I can multitask better and do video editing, etc. So far all signs show the computer is running better, it starts faster, things load faster, video editing speed is improved, etc.
However, games that used to not lag, are now lagging. Games include Diablo III, Starcraft II, Dota 2, gets a lower FPS than before, they sometimes drop below 20 which is very unplayable. Even, and I'm slightly ashamed to say this, but even League of Legends runs slower than before.
To try to solve this, I updated my bios drivers, and graphics drivers. I tried optimizing graphic settings with Nvidia experience, that only made it worse because Nvidia experience will turn my settings to high and make it lag even more.

My computer: Acer V3 571G 9683
Windows 8 64 bit
Intel Core i7 3630QM 2.4 GHz
Geforce GT 730M
and a have a integrated card intel hd graphics 4000

Anyone got any ideas on what is happening? I triple checked before buying these ram to make sure everything is compatible yet it still didn't work out the way I wanted it to. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Tao

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
have you verified that the new memory is running at the correct freq. more memory will always make a system seem faster but if the freq is running slower for some issue then that will slow up the integrated card a lot. also make sure the amount of shared memory is the same or greater then before.