New Samsung TV

gaylo

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Got new Samsung LED TV model UN55D6000SFXZA and it looks great.
Problem is content on Youtube looks clearer/HD than the tv programs on optimum. Though optimum i wasnt able to configure it to 1080p as they dont have it... they only have 1080i. The quality is bad and doesn't even look as good as Youtube's videos. Why is it that YouTube have better picture than optimum even though it's suppose to support HD...

gaylo

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Pretty sure its the HD channels as it says HD next to the title. I've asked them about the 1080i thing when they were installing and they said that was the "HD" which I was claiming bullshit cause 1080i does not equal to 1080p.

1080i should look almost the same as p. Anything over 480 resolution can be called "HD", depending on the marketing. 720 is HD, 1080 is HD, interlaced or progressive does not matter.

What connection are you using for the cable box to the TV? And are you comparing the online videos on the TV or from a computer monitor?

Nothing much you can do if their image quality is poor aside from switching providers. Check around with other people who have that cable service and see what quality they have.

FIOS has very good quality TV if you can get it in your area.

gaylo

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
I thought 1080p was not the same as 1080i because i read somewhere the 1080i uses two field of lines blended together making it blurring during motion where as 1080p all the pixels are generated and are accounted for. Basically 1080p is a difference on clarity on motion but I still wouldn't trust 1080i cause half the screen's pixel are generated.

When you ask for connection do you mean coaxial cable or hdmi? (Using HDMI and coaxal)

When I compared the HD content from my cablebox compared to YouTube, YouTube>optimum. Both were broadcasted on HD and that you can really see the difference between them.

My neighbor pretty much also switched providers and he couldn't even get the progressive scan on his tv which also didn't look HD to me.

matthewwongtalk

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Many users that are new to HD or encoding for YouTube are may be wondering where to begin. Everyone is now scrambling to get their videos converted to HD to take advantage of the awesome new quality settings being offered.

gaylo

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
I wasn't really stating it was the YouTube user's fault. In fact, they are the ones doing right by uploading it to HD format so I thank them for that. I guess I found my answer in here >.>

Feels like they are false advertising like always and always mixed up.