RaztechzZ

Estimable
Sep 14, 2014
I currently own the Asus Xonar DS sound card and the 7.1 on my Razer Tiamat sounds weird and echos a lot. I am not sure if that is just my sound card or just the true 7.1 surround sound, the stereo mode works fine and the quality is very good.

Instead i was thinking about buying new closed back headphones with a good sound-stage as i play cs go on a competitive level, so i will need to be able to hear footsteps clearly.

I have done some research and found the ATH-AG1 by Audio Technica which look to be good or the Senheiser Game Zero / Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. My experience of surround sound has been bad and what i have heard stereo makes no difference.

minarix

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
I wouldn't have any idea why you have echos, but everyone i know that owns senheiser products claim that are amazing.

Hope you get it figured out and get into the comp level.

~Global Elite

Finally someone who sees the truth. Any of those should be far better than the tiamat, it's basically going to be a matter of comfort, since each has different stylings/weight distribution

RaztechzZ

Estimable
Sep 14, 2014

I was looking into the Senheiser Game One and Zero, look amazing and the reviews are very good :)