New TV, no coxial hookup

dwells777

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
I just purchased a new 75" Vizio tv but cannot hook up my coxial cable up. No input. what's the deal. how? do I hook up my coxial cable.

Solution
Are you talking a coax connected antenna (for free OTA TV channels) or a true "cable TV" provided line?

If the antenna type, I'm not 100% sure - and your options will depend on the specific TV model.

If "cable TV"; I'd talk to your cable company. Typically coax will run to a cable "box" and be converted to run HDMI out to the TV.

If this is the case, it sounds like you're running an old standard (coax to TV directly?), and your provider should have modern hardware available for you now that you've moved to a "modern" TV setup.
Are you talking a coax connected antenna (for free OTA TV channels) or a true "cable TV" provided line?

If the antenna type, I'm not 100% sure - and your options will depend on the specific TV model.

If "cable TV"; I'd talk to your cable company. Typically coax will run to a cable "box" and be converted to run HDMI out to the TV.

If this is the case, it sounds like you're running an old standard (coax to TV directly?), and your provider should have modern hardware available for you now that you've moved to a "modern" TV setup.

Solution

rontonomo

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
alot of new vizio tvs are now considered displays because of the fact that they do not come with a tv tuner built in. does your cable box not have a hdmi hookup?