New Versions of Opera, Google Chrome Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsentux

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
these are nice but i think I'll stick to my Customizable open source Firefox.
I tried all other internet explorers but none of them can truly carry what Firefox does: "ALL in ONE"

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]mohsentux[/nom]these are nice but i think I'll stick to my Customizable open source Firefox.I tried all other internet explorers but none of them can truly carry what Firefox does: "ALL in ONE"[/citation]
Obviously you never used other browsers. Opera has built in mail clients and many things such as IRC bittorrent(both things i never use lol) and also can run javascripts similar to greasemonkey but due to different browsers it can't run them exactly the same. Firefox is hardly customizable in terms of UI i can put just about anything anywhere in opera something i can't do short of code editing in Firefox.

thedreadfather

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]still wish chrome would let me remove that other bookmarks folder. its empty and ugly on my bookmarks bar.[/citation]
Press ctrl + B. You can thank me later.

blacksins

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
actually both Opera and Chrome is the best two browsers for me.. but im Opera user and updated to 10.50 and im EXTREMELY happy with it :)

G

hey blackskins... that just HIDES the bookmark bar.. duckman still WANTS his bookmarks bar, just NOT the "other bookmarks" folder... and no you cant remove it

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]thedreadfather[/nom]Press ctrl + B. You can thank me later.[/citation]
i love the morons that come to TH. i have my bookmarks on the bar. i want the folder gone. thumbs down for precise criticizing. another reason to get rid of retarded thumbs on the site.

ronch79

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
These two browsers are my favorites. Love Opera's Speed Dial feature (which is also easier to customize than Chrome's). Chrome seems faster but I notice it has some issues with Facebook so I went back to Opera.

All in all, Opera is a good browser. It was kind slow before, but I think ver. 10.10 fixes that. The only thing I don't like Opera is its mouse gestures feature, which I can't seem to turn off.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]ronch79[/nom]These two browsers are my favorites. Love Opera's Speed Dial feature (which is also easier to customize than Chrome's). Chrome seems faster but I notice it has some issues with Facebook so I went back to Opera.[/citation]

For facebook, i dont think it's just chrome having issue. my family been having random problems with that site and we all use different web browsers. mostly firefox, although i use chrome and my mom uses I.E.

Now overall, i used firefox, chrome, and Ie, and i like chrome the most. It does everything i need it to do and and normally dont have a problem with it. it's also fast on this old computer.

G

"Opera and Chrome are both slower for me than Firefox, unfortunately. Opera is also slower in terms of interface."

Firefox certainly have compelling features on its own, such as a very large library of good add-ons, ActiveX support and so on. That said the one thing it isn't, in comparison to Opera and Chrome, is faster.

I tried Firefox and while it's not a bad browser I found it to be too slow and unstable, presumably mostly due to the add-on support, in comparison to Opera.

When Chrome came out of beta I switched over pretty much instantly though, as my main gripes with Opera were the cluttered UI and 'everything-and-the-kitchen-sink' approach to functionality inclusion.

On top of that Chrome were even faster too.

No dig against Firefox then but it's certainly not faster than Chrome or Opera for the vast majority of users.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Upcoming Chrome features look nice, but i'll wait until it comes out of beta. I'm happy with firefox overall though it still has some performance and stability issues for me.

bcube

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]Upcoming Chrome features look nice, but i'll wait until it comes out of beta. I'm happy with firefox overall though it still has some performance and stability issues for me.[/citation]
it will take 5 to 10 years to come out of beta

redplanet_returns

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
is it just me or does chrome doesn't work for many websites...opera seems to be somewhat better, with firefox being the most compatible with websites (you can even install IETab :))

G

"it will take 5 to 10 years to come out of beta"

Version 4.0.249.89 is the current non-beta version, only Chrome 5.0 is still in beta.

While I'm not a fan of Google's version numbering, though perhaps the under-the-hood work is significant enough to warrant such quick jumps, it's not beta software by any means.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
Firefox is so damn slow. I can't use it for anything other than testing webpages for FF compatibility.

I used Opera, Google's DNS servers, and a 15Mb/s internet connection on a computer that definitely can handle a browser (it runs Crysis). Opera simply loads faster to the eye than the others. Even Chrome is a little slow for me at times.

I don't care for benchmark tests in the slightest when my own experiences show otherwise.

Opera 10.5 interface is my favourite on the market. Opera is also the easiest to develop for. It's a shame though, if you code to standards, Opera works perfectly, but NONE of the others will. Even the loved Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.