Solved! New Windows 10 laptop screen flashing black

Mwl234

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
Hi everyone, I bought a new HP spectre with windows 10 yesterday and noticed the screen flashing black a few times. It only happened within the first 20-30 minutes of setting everything up and lasted anywhere from about a second to 2-3 seconds. It was similar to what happens when you change your screen resolution.

I am wondering if anyone has any idea as to if it is possible that windows was just installing or updating something, or if it could be a hardware/software issue?

Thanks for any help!

Solution
Depends. I would wait a day or two and see if it happens again. Make sure you restart the computer a few times during that time as well, as to see if/when it happens.

If it continues, I would return it and make them give you a replacement. A new computer shouldn't give you problems.
Depends. I would wait a day or two and see if it happens again. Make sure you restart the computer a few times during that time as well, as to see if/when it happens.

If it continues, I would return it and make them give you a replacement. A new computer shouldn't give you problems.

Solution